The touring exhibition and the documentary film tell the story of the driftwood’s journey, offer insights into its Arctic climate records, its key role in Icelandic history and culture and much more. It is available in Icelandic, English and in German and consists of info boards, artistic works and a 45min documentary about our driftwood research. It is variable and can be adapted for different spaces. If you’re interested in hosting the exhibition and/or would like to screen the film, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re delighted to hear from you!
Trailer Film “Iceland’s Stranded Forest”
Exhibition Tour & Film Screenings
- Film Screening & Talk with Dawn Elise Mooney (Archeologist, University of Stavanger) and Þröstur Eysteinsson (Director, Skógræktin) November 19 2022, 4–6PM, Cultural Center Herðubreið, Seyðisfjörður/Iceland
- October 29-31 2022, International Marianne Brandt Award (nominated in the category “project”), Exhibition at Industriemuseum, Chemnitz/Germany
- October 20 – November 20 2022, Exhibition at Cultural Center Herðubreið, Seyðisfjörður/Iceland
- October 14-16 2022, Exhibition with Guest Artist Patricia Burk at Outvert Art Space & Edinborgarhúsið, Ísafjörður/Iceland
- October 15 2022, 8PM Film Screening at Pigeon International Film Festival, Edinborgarhúsið, Ísafjörður/Iceland
- September 9 – November 7 2022, “anmut ist eine frage der strömung”, Festival and Exhibition with Miek Zwamborn, Esther Kinsky, Andrea Guterres and Annegret Mayer-Lindenberg, Neues Kunsthaus, Ahrenshoop/Germany
- April 8 2022, Filmscreening, University of Iceland, Reykjavík/Iceland
- December 6 2021, Filmscreening, University Centre of the Westfjords, Ísafjörður/Iceland
- October 30 – November 3 2021, Exhibition and Film Screening with Guest Artists Andrea Weber and Vivienne Marie at Nes Artist Residency, Skagaströnd/Iceland
- October 2&3 2021, Exhibition and Film Screening at Artist House Lukas, Ahrenshoop/Germany
We’re very happy that parts of our exhibition have found a permanent home at the fabulous regional museum Byggðasafn Húnvetninga og Strandamanna in North Iceland!